Now with over 4,500 members from all over the world, EASL is an influential international organisation. It attracts the foremost hepatology experts as members and has an impressive track record in promoting research in liver disease, supporting wider education, and promoting changes in European liver policy.
Leadership & Governance
Young Investigator (YI) Task Force
The YI Task Force advises the EASL Governing Board on specific educational initiatives for young hepatologists. The group organises different activities during The International Liver Congress™ such as the:
- The YI Seminar deals with topics of particular interest for YIs that are not covered by other sessions at the International Liver CongressTM
YI sessions at the EASL Share at the Community Hub
- The sessions aim at addressing practical questions from YIs. Invited presenters are part of the EASL Community willing to share their experience and expertise of a specific topic in an informal environment.
YI social activities
- YI social events generally occur on Thursday evening during the International Liver CongressTM. This is a great opportunity to network and interact with other YIs. Pre-registration for social events is required.
- The YI Task Force reviews applications received for the YI Award recognising two YIs based on their international liver research achievements.
Who are the EASL Young Investigators?
Young Investigators is a group of EASL Ambassadors under the age of 35 in training with active EASL membership.
The Task Force aims to:
- Promote EASL activities for YIs
- Build an active and dynamic community of YIs involved in EASL activities
- Promote and facilitate discussion and exchange of information via EASL online forums and at EASL events
- Host an exclusive social networking event during the International Liver Congress™ solely for YIs
- Create an online network of friends via the EASL Facebook page
- Encourage other YIs to become EASL members and join the EASL Community
When and where does the YI Task Force meet?
The group meets twice a year: once at the International Liver Congress™ and at the EASL Office in order to plan and organise activities.
For more information on the YI Task Force or to ask a question, please contact us at email@example.com