Forging synergies between EASL and patient organisations to fight liver disease together
Goals of our collaboration
At EASL, we are boosting partnerships with umbrella patient organisations engaged in liver diseases. Our joint goals include increasingly to:
- take into account the patient experience
- consult on patient views on quality of life
- better understand what patients need from healthcare professionals
- promote the prevention of liver conditions
Building new synergies
EASL is building new opportunities to engage with umbrella patient organisations, aiming to:
- share best practices
- inspire joint initiatives and activities
- coordinate and convey relevant messages
Calling for umbrella patient associations to partner with EASL
We are keen to join forces with umbrella organisations that are Europe-based and representing people affected by issues related to the liver. We want to share expertise with patient organisations that are patient-focused, patient-driven, established, and transparent.
Please contact EASL’s Advocacy, Policy and Public Health Coordinator, Yoanna Nedelcheva, to find out how we can partner with you.
Potential benefits to patient organisations
- participating in the Patient Forum at EASL’s flagship congress, ILC
- one ILC registration place, at no cost
- relationships with leading EU hepatology associations
- accessing leadership of member societies
- requesting EASL endorsement
- sharing relevant resources via the EASL website and news channels, including during the ILC
EASL is pleased to announce collaborations with these organisations:
Joining forces: Joint projects between EASL & umbrella patient associations
Ask EASL: October 2020
On the occasion of liver cancer awareness month, we held an interview with Dr Massimo A. Iavarone, hepatologist at the Ospedale Maggiore in Milan, Italy. We are putting questions from patient organisations to a specialist, who answers them clearly and accessibly.
Dr Iavarone answers key questions raised by two EASL-affiliated patient associations, both part of our EASL patient synergies collaboration: PSC Support, the leading organisation for anyone affected by primary sclerosing cholangitis, and Liver Patients International (LPI).
Click on the image to play the podcasts.
Useful resources for patients organisations and patients
View resources of relevance to patient organisations: lay summaries, toolkits, webinars, Clinical Practice Guidelines, Policy Statements, videos, and more.
EASL Policy Statements
EASL Campus resources
(create your free account on EASL Campus to access these resources)
Resources for patients
EASL and ESCMID Position Paper on the ‘Care of patients with liver disease during the COVID-19 pandemic’ lay version
Ask EASL: Patient oriented webcast on COVID-19 and the liver
Journal of Hepatology lay summaries