Health and Safety for Your Optimal EASL Experience
LAST UPDATE: 13 September 2021
Exceptional times call for exceptional safety measures. That is why we have been working to create a multi-layered safety approach for this event.
For all attendees flying to Geneva, here are the necessary steps to take, prior to travelling.
- All passengers entering Switzerland by plane are required to be fully vaccinated, have recovered from COVID-19 in the last 6 months or present proof of a negative PCR test (not older than 72 hours) or rapid antigen test (not older than 48 hours). For more information, consult the Federal Office of Public Health.
In addition to information within your country, we advise you to consult these websites. They provide information on the various restrictions in place in every country, including on quarantine and testing requirements for travellers:
- Before travelling, (including with children of any age), you must fill in an electronic Entry Form associated with your trip and receive a QR code. To access the form, go to swissplf.admin.ch/formular
- Upon arrival at the airport, have this code ready for inspection when you enter Switzerland. If you are screened, you can show the QR code on your smartphone or produce a printed confirmation.
- Border control authorities in the airport’s transit zone may check negative test results on a random basis.
If you are interested in any other COVID-19 related information and measures at Geneva Airport, consult Geneva Airport website.
Local transport health and safety measures include:
- Hydro-alcoholic gel dispensers
- Compulsory wearing of protective face masks
- Constant air renewal inside the trains and increased ventilation on buses
- Installation of signs to facilitate adherence to social distance
Safety measures at the conference venue (Hotel InterContinental):
To enter the venue during the event, attendees, staff, visitors, and suppliers will be required to have a valid COVID pass (be fully vaccinated, have recovered from COVID-19 in the last 6 months or present proof of a negative PCR test (not older than 72 hours) or rapid antigen test (not older than 48 hours). The pass will be checked every day at the entrance.
The hotel has taken the following measures to be recognised as safe venue:
- Reception: Reduced contact at check-in, sanitiser stations, sanitised keycards
- Public Spaces and Facilities: Additional deep cleaning of high touch surfaces, especially our fitness centre, and an increased availability of hand sanitiser stations throughout the hotel
- Guest Rooms: Visible verification of sanitised items, reduction of in-room furnishings/high-touch items, new laundry protocols
- Food & Beverage: New standards and service approach to buffets, banquets, room-service, and catering
- Cleanliness information in hotels and on the booking channels of the InterContinental Hotels Group
- Guidance on the use of protective equipment as necessary provided by hotel staff
- Updated and ongoing training of hotel staff
- Sanitiser stations at high-use touch points throughout hotels
Please consult the hotel website for more information: https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/customer-care/clean-promise
Social distancing and occupancy monitoring
- We will monitor occupancy capacity.
- We will minimise crowd density, by indicating additional access and exit points.
- Attendees, staff, visitors, and suppliers must wear a face mask, adhere to social distancing requirements, and make regular use of the disinfectant dispensers placed around the venue.
Hygiene and ventilation
- The venue will feature a fresh-air injection/external ventilation to improve air-flow and meet the highest standards of air recirculation.
- The venue will be disinfected regularly, including stands, product samples, and audio-visual equipment.
- There will be hand sanitiser stations throughout the venue.
- We will observe a touchless policy, including entry to the venue and cashless payments. Instead of a registration area, machines to self-print badges will be situated at the venue.
- Relevant mobile apps will be provided (programme, voting, practical information, networking, etc).
When flying back to your country of origin, please check with the relevant national authorities what measures are required to enter your country.
If you need to get tested before leaving Geneva, there is a COVID-19 testing centre located at Terminal T2 of Geneva Airport.
To make an appointment, please visit this website: www.m3-test.ch/