Digital NAFLD Summit 2021 scientific programme
NAFLD is becoming a leading cause of liver disease worldwide, especially in individuals with features of metabolic syndrome. During Digital NAFLD Summit 2021, the main progress underway in the field will be presented by international leaders, during keynote lectures, state-of-the-art reviews, and roundtables.
Join the summit and explore:
- updates on the epidemiology and public health relevance of NAFLD
- recent debate on the most appropriate definitions
- starting from the genetic, epigenetic, and metabolic basis of the disease, we will review the most recently discovered mechanism underlying liver damage development and the clinical heterogeneity of NAFLD.
- alterations in the systemic metabolism, the microbiome, and intestinal permeability, as well as immune system regulation and liver fibrogenesis.
We will also cover the challenges related to driving lifestyle change in the current management of NAFLD, as well as the indications calling for surgical and emerging endoscopic therapies. This will introduce new approaches being developed to address key challenges in clinical practice, including biomarkers, imaging studies, and artificial intelligence-based approaches for non-invasive risk stratification, and for identifying disease subsets.
Finally, we will address the challenges of identifying new therapeutic targets in preclinical models, including mitochondrial metabolism, the state-of-the-art in clinical trials in the field, as well as targets in early and late phase clinical trials, and we will explore updates underway in the design of therapeutic studies.
Young Investigators will present their original data from cutting-edge research, giving you a glimpse of future developments and trends in hepatology.
Digital NAFLD Summit 2021 will enable us to address many of the key challenges in clinical practice and drug development. Explore the session titles below to get a sense of what the summit will offer you.
- Fatty liver disease: definition and impact on health
- Metabolic root of pathogenesis
- Basic Science – Pathogenesis and liver-related complications
- Current clinical non-pharmacological management
- New horizons in clinical practice I
- New horizons in clinical practice II
- Evolving treatment of NAFLD
- Trial design and endpoints – Current regulatory perspectives