Join the EASL Scientific Committee
EASL is now calling for applications for one new member to join the Scientific Committee. The term for these members is from October 2023 to October 2026.
How to apply:
Please access and log into the Memberzone. Scroll down to “Applications”, select “EASL Leadership” category to find the call for the Scientific Committee
- The candidate must be an EASL member when applying.
- To ensure adequate representation of all EASL tracks a representative with a scientific profile that includes steatotic liver disease (SLD) is preferred, but individuals with a different scientific profile are eligible to apply.
- The candidate must be professionally active in a European country, as defined by the World Health Organization.
- To maintain geographical diversity, professionals working in the following countries are excluded from this call, as they are already represented in the Scientific Committee: Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Spain.
- The candidate must be under 48 years of age in June 2023 (in case of official parental leave, the eligible age is calculated by deducting the documented months of parental leave in accordance with applicable EU regulations from their actual age).
- EASL embraces diversity. To maintain gender balance in the Scientific Committee female applicants are strongly preferred.
- EASL welcomes candidates from under-represented ethnic groups to apply.
Your application should include:
- a letter of motivation and your aspirations for joining the EASL Scientific Committee
- an updated CV
- a summary of your scientific achievements (including a list of your publications, h-index (Scopus), and grant income, as applicable)
- All submitted applications will be reviewed for eligibility by the EASL office.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview with the current EASL Governing Board.
- The interview will consist of a five-minute presentation by the candidate, covering their qualifications and motivation for joining the Scientific Committee, followed by a Q&A session with the Governing Board.
- The successful candidate will be presented for approval by the EASL General Assembly in October 2023. Their appointment to the Scientific Committee is dependent on confirmation by and at the General Assembly.
You are welcome to consult the EASL equality, diversity, and inclusion policy statement.