Announcing an EASL webinar on managing NAFLD, dedicated to nurses and Allied Health Professionals
EASL’s engagement with nurses and Allied Health Professionals (AHPs) has been thriving through 2021. Their next contribution for the global liver community is a webinar by the EASL Nurses and AHPs Task Force in which they will be sharing their expertise on managing NAFLD in patients.
- Title: Management of NAFLD – Integration of different perspectives
- Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021
- Time: 20:00-21:30 CET
A Certificate of Attendance is provided. Participants can add this certificate to their Continuing Professional Development Portfolio.
About this webinar
This webinar will focus on highlighting barriers to living with NAFLD and look at options for addressing them, through interactive debates and expert talks on current evidence and management strategies, including lifestyle interventions. Learn about the burning topic of NAFLD from a range of perspectives: patient representative, doctor, liver nurse, dietician, and physiotherapist, and take part in small group discussions.
This no-cost webinar is intended for nurses and AHPs, but all members of the liver community are welcome.
- Gaining an understanding of the pathophysiology of NAFLD
- Reviewing methods for treating NAFLD, the evidence for these methods, and their clinical usefulness
- Reviewing the effectiveness of exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle adjustments in the management of NAFLD and the barriers to implementing strategies
- Considering the implications of living with NAFLD and its impact on management and care
Find out more about the activities of the Nurses and AHPs Task Force.