Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) is the leading cause of chronic liver disease across Western and developing countries. This webinar will focus on highlighting barriers to living with NAFLD, and look at options for addressing them through interactive debates and expert talks on current evidence and management strategies including lifestyle interventions.
- Date of the event: 3 November
- Hours: 20:00-21:30 CET
- Registration: free of charge
- A Certificate of Attendance is provided. Participants can add it to their Continuing Professional Development Portfolio.
- To gain an understanding of the pathophysiology of NAFLD
- To review methods to treat NAFLD, the evidence for these and their clinical usefulness
- To review the effectiveness of exercise, nutrition and lifestyle adjustments in the management of NAFLD and the barriers to implementing strategies
- To consider the implications of living with NAFLD and its impact on management and care
Who should attend?
This event is for nurses and AHPs.
|Session Type||Time||Session topic||Speaker|
|Welcome & introduction||20:00-20:05||Welcome & introduction||Patrizia Künzler-Heule, Switzerland
Chair of EASL’s Nurses & AHPs Task Force
|Presentation||20:05-20:15||Living with NAFLD. What do HCP’s need to know||Christian Price, Birmingham, UK
|Presentation||20:15-20:30||NAFLD in a nutshell||Elisabetta Bugianesi, Italy
|Presentation||20:30-20:40||Can exercise make an impact?||Kate Hallsworth, UK
|Break out subgroups||20:40-20:52||Group discussion on exercise||All participants|
|Presentation||20:52-21:02||The scope of nutritional management in NAFLD||Tayla Robertson, Brisbane, Australia
|Break out subgroups||21:02-21:12||Group discussion on nutrition||All participants|
|Reflection||21:12-21:22||The impact of treatment on my life||Christian Price, Birmingham, UK
|Closing comments||21:22-21:30||Summary of webinar and close||Jennifer Towey, UK
Member of EASL’s Nurses & AHPs Task Force