On the go? Here’s the Friday recap.
Overview of the day
On Day 2 of Digital ILC 2020, the Daily News brings you highlights from General Session II and EASL’s award ceremonies, the latest on drug development for the treatment of hepatitis B and D, an update on international progress toward hepatitis C elimination, recent findings from clinical trials in liver cancer and insights on antibiotic treatment strategies for patients with decompensated cirrhosis.
We are only a decade away from the WHO’s 2030 goal to eliminate viral hepatitis and it is important for us to take stock of the progress made to date and the work we have left to do. Today’s oral abstract session on hepatitis C elimination highlighted just a few of the many success stories from around the globe, demonstrating how far we have come towards achieving that goal.
Other highlights from today included the Meet the Expert sessions, which featured lively conversation and debate on the topics of acute liver failure and immunotherapy and liver cancer.
- Join the congress through our virtual platform
- Follow us @EASLedu and @EASLnews for live updates from Digital ILC
- Join the conversation at #ILC2020 and #EASLStudio
- Join us on Facebook at @EASLnews
- Watch expert interviews and commentary on the EASL Studio
- Enjoy our other EASL videos here
The critical role of primary care in identifying patients with advanced liver disease
What’s in the pipeline for hepatitis B and D treatment?
Novel immunotherapies demonstrate potential in advanced hepatocellular carcinoma
Perspectives on antibiotic use in patients with advanced cirrhosis
Hepatitis C: The journey toward elimination
EASL recognizes outstanding contributions to hepatology
Videos of the day
A giant in hepatology: a tribute to Prof. Roger Williams (29 August 1931 –26 July 2020)
On the 2nd day of Digital ILC, we hear from Prof. Elisabetta Bugianesi in Italy.
On this second day of Digital ILC 2020, we interviewed Prof. Manal El Sayed from Egypt.
Meet the dynamic, versatile, and dedicated members of the EASL Nurses and AHPs Task Force.
More to explore
- Meet the EASL Office at the Community Hub
- Tune into #EASLstudio for expert discussions broadcasting live from Geneva twice a day
- In between sessions, pop into the EASL Lounge to connect, relax, and explore
- At the Selfie Station in EASL Lounge, send in a snapshot of your Digital ILC experience
- After the congress, you’ll receive the highlights neatly packaged as Digital ILC Takeaways
- If you’re needing technical assistance, stop by at the Help Desk
Join the #EASLshare competition
Share your best #EASLshare and win free registrations and more for ILC 2021.
EASL is encouraging Digital ILC 2020 delegates to take part in the first ever EASL Share competition. Delegates are invited to enter something creative, anything from a creative image, drawing, or a piece of your own music to a highlight of your participation in any form at Digital ILC 2020.
Let your imagination do the talking!
Share your creativity on our Twitter channels @EASLnews and @EASLedu using #EASLshare.