- To raise awareness that nurses and AHPs can be actively involved in the process of research design, data analysis, and presentation of findings.
- To understand the difference between research, service evaluation, audit, and quality improvement projects
- To hear examples from nurses and AHPs of original research planned from observations in their clinical practice and awareness of gaps in the literature.
- To gain confidence in writing a high-quality abstract.
- To hear the perspectives of a journal editor and a manuscript peer-reviewer.
|20:00–20:05||Welcome||Patrizia Künzler-Heule, Switzerland
Kathryn Jack, United Kingdom
|20:05–20:15||Enhancing patient care with research methods||Kathryn Jack, United Kingdom|
|20:15–20:30||Using research to solve patient’s problem – Nursing perspective||Gerri Mortimore|
|20:30–20:45||Using research to solve patient’s problem – Nutrition perspective||Jennifer Towey, United Kingdom|
|20:45–20:50||How to write an abstract?||Alice Freer, United Kingdom|
|20:50–21:00||Writing for publication||Benjamin Wakefield, United Kingdom|
|21:00–21:10||The reviewer’s perspective||Patrizia Künzler-Heule, Switzerland|
Discussion and questions from participants
|21:20–21:30||Summary of webinar and close|