The EASL Young Investigators Task Force is proud to invite you to its very first webinar of the “EASL YI Afterwork Series”. The webinar will focus on Career Development and will be chaired by two EASL YI Task Force members: Sabela Lens and Anna Saborowski.
Guadalupe Garcia-Tsao will provide tips on how to prepare a sparkling presentation for face-to-face and online meetings at the International Liver Congress (ILC). She will be followed by Frank Tacke’s advice on how to get your publication accepted in the Journal of Hepatology. Jesús Bañales will conclude the webinar’s presentations by sharing his experience of launching his own lab.
A 30-minute Q&A Session will allow you to address your questions to the faculty.
The webinar took place on 29 April 2021, from 17:00 – 18:30 CET.
- Young Investigators
- Hepatologists, gastroenterologists
- Clinical scientists
- Basic scientists
- Preparing and delivering a scientific presentation
- Improving your presentation skills for online and face-to-face meetings
- Increasing the impact of your research
- Planning and structuring your publication, including preparing figures and writing a cover letter
- Tools and advice on how to start your own academic research group, including recruiting and leading a research team
|17.00 – 17:05||Welcome & Introduction
Sabela Lens, Hospital Clinic Barcelona, Spain
Anna Saborowski, Hannover Medical School, Dept. of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endocrinology, Germany
|17.05 – 17:25||How to do a sparkling presentation at ILC – tips for face-to-face and online meetings
Guadalupe Garcia-Tsao, Yale University School of Medicine, United States of America
|17:25 – 17:45||Getting your paper accepted by JHEP: Do’s and Don’ts
Frank Tacke, Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Germany
|17:45 – 18:05||Becoming independent in Liver Research – How I launched my own lab
Jesús Bañales, BioDonostia Institute, Spain
|18:05 – 18:35||Q&A – All|