EASL supports Young Investigators by helping them to attend the EASL monothematic conference on “Translational research in viral hepatitis: Addressing the gaps for cure“.
To do so, EASL offers two types of bursaries to the presenting authors only of the best accepted abstracts.
|Full bursaries||Registration bursaries|
All presenting authors only of the best-accepted abstracts who are aged 35 or under and/or are still in training without geographical restrictions.
- Applications can only be made during the online abstract submission process: When submitting your abstract, please indicate your wish to apply for the bursary
- The name of the presenting author MUST match the name of the applicant
- The following supporting documents must be provided in English and are to be uploaded during the abstract submission as BMP, GIF, JPG or PDF files (size limit 1 MB):
- Proof of age: a clear copy of your ID, passport or drivers license indicating your date of birth
- Proof of trainee status: A letter signed by the head of the department on the department’s letterhead confirming that you are a trainee
- Requests to be considered as a bursary applicant after the abstract submission deadline will not be considered
- EASL will automatically decline all bursary requests that do not conform to the eligibility terms
- Name changes of presenting authors (different than at the time of the abstract submission) will only be accepted if made at the time of the submission of the supporting documentation
- All confirmed bursary recipients will have waived registration fees for the conference. Please only register and pay registration fees in the case you are NOT granted a bursary
- EASL will grant bursaries only to the presenting authors who will attest that they are not being sponsored or covered by any other source in order to attend the EASL event
- It is compulsory for bursary recipients to stand in front of their poster screen during the entire allocated time of the ePoster session. Absence during the session will result in a non-payment of the bursary
The payment of the YI bursaries to presenting authors will be processed after the congress by bank tranfer.
Do you still have questions? Feel free to contact us here