The 2021 EASL-AASLD Masterclass provides a unique educational collaboration of clinical, basic, and translational scientists from leading academic medical institutions from both sides of the Atlantic. Participants will attend a two-day intensive training session designed for future leaders in academic hepatology. The program will consist of academic lectures, interactive break-out sessions, individual meetings with tutors, abstract presentations and a poster session, and social events to give early-stage investigators (MD, PhD, or MD/PhD, or equivalent) the opportunity to network with world leaders in hepatology.
To be eligible for this programme, the applicant must fulfil all of the following criteria.
- Reside in the Europe (WHO Europe region) and have an active EASL membership at the time of submission of the application and maintain their membership through the event.
- Be a Junior Faculty member (First Year Instructor – Assistant Professor or equivalent) within the first five years of their first faculty appointment at a medical or research institution within Europe at the time of application.
- Be an investigator with a highly promising record demonstrated by one of the following:
- Received awards during training and/or
- Received a major independent or mentored external research grant award and/or
- Received investigator-initiated support from industry. The applicant must be committed to and demonstrate success
- Be committed to and demonstrate success as an early career investigator focused on basic, translational or clinical science.
- Submit an abstract for presentation at the Masterclass. The abstract may be previously published and if selected for Masterclass the applicant may be asked to present as a poster or in an oral session.
- Previous Masterclass attendees (Masterclass alumni) cannot attend again. Previous applicants that were not selected to attend a Masterclass are welcome to apply if they still meet the eligibility criteria
- The application deadline is 8 July 2021, 23:59 CET. Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
To apply now, go to your MyEASL account, scroll down to “applications” and select the tab “Schools & Masterclasses”.
Ulrich Beuers, The Netherlands
Pierre-Emmanuel Rautou, France
Laurie D. DeLeve, USA
Norah Terrault, USA
AASLD covers complimentary registration and accommodation expenses for all participants. Participants are selected through a competitive application process. AASLD and EASL run separate applications. Prospective students should only apply once through their main host organization. The application ends on 29 June 2021.
AASLD will provide travel expenses for up to 15 early career investigators who are AASLD members (based in North America).
EASL will provide travel expenses for up to 10 early career investigators who are EASL members. EASL members looking to apply to their 10 spots should contact email@example.com with any questions.
The AASLD -EASL Masterclass will be held in-person and is currently scheduled to be held December 10-12, 2021 in the United States. As healthcare professionals and scientists learn more about the evolution of the COVID virus and the safety of travel and gathering, plans for Masterclass are subject to change, including but not limited to the scheduled dates and location. AASLD and EASL will provide up-to-date information on websites and via email. Be sure to mark AASLD and EASL as a trusted contact in your email.
Must meet all eligibility criteria, adhere to all application instructions and submit by 23:59 pm CET, 29 June, 2021. Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
Selection notifications for this opportunity will be sent no later than August 31, 2021.
For members of EASL looking to apply to the 2021 Masterclass please go to your MyEASL account, scroll down to “applications” and select the tab “Schools & Masterclasses”.