In April 1966, EASL began as a small group of 70 hepatologists from 15 European countries who came together to share expertise in best medical practices. Now with over 4,500 members from all over the world, EASL is an influential international organisation. It attracts the foremost hepatology experts as members and has an impressive track record in promoting research in liver disease, supporting wider education, and promoting changes in European liver policy. EASL gathers those interested in the liver from all over the world.
EASL Membership is valid per calendar year (1st January – 31st December) and includes:
- Journal of Hepatology (online access)
- Reduced fees to The International Liver CongressTM and EASL events
- LiverTreeTM access
- Best education: Schools and Masterclass
- Best research: Fellowships and Mentorships
- Financial support for EU funded projects, Fellowships and Registry Grants
- Opportunities to host EASL events In addition to the exclusive membership benefits,
EASL also offers free scientific material available to the entire hepatology community. The aim being to share and spread scientific knowledge widely to tackle liver disease effectively, hence EASL members and non-members can benefit from the following ‘open to all’ materials and tools:
- HCV advisor app
- iLiver app
- Conference debriefs on YouTube
- Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Journal of Hepatology Snapshots
- Journal of Hepatology Articles in Press
- LiverTree™ – Grand Round Series
- Live Tweeting during EASL events
see description below
- Payment – To apply for EASL membership, please complete the online application form and pay your membership fee online (with a secure online payment system) or offline (by credit card, wire transfer).
- Period – Annual EASL membership is entered per calendar year (from January 1st to December 31st).
- It is possible to become an EASL member and renew your EASL membership all year long.
- Register online or at an EASL booth present at many liver meetings.
- The EASL Governing Board oversees all applications.
- Within a month of your application, you will receive your EASL membership number.
- ILC – Those who apply for EASL membership after December 31st will not be entitled to the “EASL members” reduced registration fees to the International Liver Congress™.
- Journal – Members paying to receive the hard copy /printed version of the Journal of Hepatology will receive their issues 2 months after their renewal or after having received their membership number.
- Complimentary membership to members in maternity, paternity or adoption leave for one calendar year – Following the decision of the GB in March 2018, all EASL members are entitled to a complimentary membership for a calendar year providing that they are on maternity, paternity and adoption leave. This action gives the opportunity to EASL members who are on leave for family reasons to stay up to date with the latest trends of hepatology, continue reading the Journal of Hepatology and follow EASL event online.
- Members need to contact the EASL office at email@example.com Requests will be handled exclusively offline during the year.
- Proof required and will be uploaded on the profile of the member.
- Complimentary membership does not lead to complimentary registration to ILC. Members are eligible to reduced fees.
- This offer cannot be extended to more than one calendar year.
Thank you for supporting EASL and being an active member of the hepatology community!